Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Constant need to login
Within the last week, I am constantly being logged off the site. It does not happen when I'm using the site, but if I leave for a few hours and come back, I find that I have to login all over again. I'm getting rather tired of it. I used to not need to re-login for weeks or even months at a time.

Is this happening to others, or is it just me? I've changed nothing that I'm aware of.

This is on Mac OS, running Firefox.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
I Like to Reflect
Just a thought, in firefox do you have " Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed " ticked or not ?

I do, so I login every time.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Yes, checked that.
Thanks for the reply, Lucy.

I don't have Firefox set to dump cookies after each session. I am familiar with what you're suggesting, and it's a good idea. Certainly it would cause one to re-login every time. I have deleted cookies associated with NN as a test (the ones I'm sure are associated), but nothing changed. I've also stopped my ad blocker from acting on the NN site. Didn't help.

I'm usually pretty decent at troubleshooting this type of thing, but this has me perplexed.

I suppose I need to use a different browser for a little while and find whether the problem persists, or is strictly a Firefox issue.

Thanks again.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Fixed ... I hope
Following a bit of intuition, I tried tinkering with my Firefox extensions to see whether I could identify any that might be causing trouble. Rather quickly, I narrowed things down to two - 1Password and/or AdBlocker Ultimate. When both were disabled, the login "stuck" after a Firefox restart. Strangely enough, when the two were both re-enabled, the problem did not reappear. Crazy, but so far (all day today and all evening) the login has persisted as in the past.

I have no idea which extension was at fault, or whether it might have been interplay between the two of them, as I disabled both at the same time. I presume some type of stored data in a preference or something got deleted when the extensions were restarted. Just guessing...

Whether or not this fixes my login issue permanently, only time will tell. I'll try to remember to come back here and post more information if it's needed.

Hopefully, this information might be of assistance for others in the future.

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.36 seconds