Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Could lead codices prove ‘the major discovery of Christian history’?
Wed Mar 30, 11:36 am ET By Chris Lehmann

British archaeologists are seeking to authenticate what could be a landmark discovery in the documentation of early Christianity: a trove of 70 lead codices that appear to date from the 1st century CE, which may include key clues to the last days of Jesus' life. As UK Daily Mail reporter Fiona Macrae writes, some researchers are suggesting this could be the most significant find in Christian archeology since the Dead Sea scrolls in 1947...

Some of the codices were sealed, prompting yet more breathless speculation that they could include the sealed book, shown only to the Messiah, mentioned in the Book of Revelation. One of the few sentences translated thus far from the texts, according to the BBC, reads, "I shall walk uprightly"--a phrase that also appears in Revelation. "While it could be simply a sentiment common in Judaism," BBC writer Robert Pigott notes, "it could here be designed to refer to the resurrection."

But the field of biblical archaeology is also prey to plenty of hoaxes and enterprising fraudsters, so investigators are proceeding with due empirical caution. Initial metallurgical research indicates that the codices are about 2,000 years old--based on the manner of corrosion they have undergone, which, as Macrae writes, "experts believe would be impossible to achieve artificially."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110330/ts_yblog_thelookout/could-lead-codices-prove-the-major-discovery-of-christian-history

If this thread breaks our rules please 
DanajustDana
Further studies will probably reveal these are nothing more than Essenian comic book's featuring the like's of Herod, Judas, Pontius Pilate, no great find here. These item's were purchased back in the day when foreskin's were used as currency. In a previous incarnation I can remember purchasing the Judas comic book, placing my foreskin's on the counter in pile's of 10, dropping some, losing count, having to start over. yahoo

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
which may include key clues

It may include key clues or it may not. Since it has not been fully examined and translated you might as well say it "may include key clues" to any number of events. What I want to know is why it is taking so long to examine as they have had the items for 5 years.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Exclusive: Early Christian Lead Codices Now Called Fakes
Live Science, By Natalie Wolchover April 11, 2011

Seventy metal books allegedly discovered in a cave in Jordan have been hailed as the earliest Christian documents. Dating them to mere decades after Jesus' death, scholars have called the "lead codices" the most important discovery in archaeological history, and leading media outlets have added fuel to the fire surrounding the books in recent weeks.

"Never has there been a discovery of relics on this scale from the early Christian movement, in its homeland and so early in its history," reported the BBC. [Image]

Slowly, though, more and more questions have arisen about the authenticity of the codices, whose credit-card-size pages are cast in lead and bound together by lead rings. Today, an Aramaic translator has completed his analysis of the artifacts, and has found what he says is incontrovertible evidence that they are fakes.

"I obtained photos of all the text that was available, and spent the past week looking over them," said Steve Caruso, a professional Aramaic translator and teacher who is consulted by dealers of antiquities to analyze inscriptions on ancient artifacts.

"I noticed there were a lot of Old Aramaic forms that were at least 2,500 years old. But they were mixed in with other forms that were younger, so I took a closer look at that and pulled out all the distinct forms that I could find," Caruso told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience. "It was very, very odd — I've never seen this kind of mix before." The youngest scripts he identified, called Nabatean and Palmyrene, date from the second and third centuries, proving the documents could not possibly have been written during the dawn of Christianity, Caruso said.

Even the oldest scripts were written by someone who didn't know what he was doing, the new analysis shows. "There were inconsistencies in how they did the stroke order, which you would never have seen. Scribes had very specific ways of doing things," Caruso said. Furthermore, several characters appeared "flipped" — a mistake that would imply they were hastily copied rather than original.

Caruso's new analysis of the text corroborates the recent findings of a Greek archaeologist at Oxford, who said the images appearing in the codices, including one of Christ on the cross, are anachronistic. "The image they are saying is Christ is the sun god Helios from a coin that came from the island of Rhodes. There are also some nonsense inscriptions in Hebrew and Greek," Peter Thonemann told the press. He believes the codices were forged within the past 50 years.

https://www.livescience.com/13657-exclusive-early-christian-lead-codices-called-fakes.html

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I keep hoping that an authentic eye witness account of the ministry of Jesus will be discovered. It could be a letter written by a Roman officer to his wife back in Italy.

An estimated five to ten percent of inhabitants of the Roman Empire during the first century AD could read and write.

Unfortunately (for many reasons) the ministry of Jesus was followed by a Jewish uprising against the Roman Empire that lasted from 66 to 73 AD. That revolt killed and dispersed eye witnesses to the ministry of Jesus. It destroyed written records of Jesus' ministry.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
The compilers of the New Testament would argue with your theory that all eyewitnesses of Christ's were killed in 70CE when the Romans burned Jerusalem. Many Christians were dispersed well before then, due to persecutions and other factors.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
zeebop said:
Unfortunately (for many reasons) the ministry of Jesus was followed by a Jewish uprising against the Roman Empire that lasted from 66 to 73 AD. That revolt killed and dispersed eye witnesses to the ministry of Jesus. It destroyed written records of Jesus' ministry.

Wouldn't those records have been stored on a private server? confused confused unsure unsure