Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Mobility and Liberty
So, when it comes to the promotion of EV's, the attack on fossil fuels, so forth, how many people will accept limited mobility in their life to "save the planet?"

We witnessed the lockdowns in the name of battling a pandemic and what was the lesson learned from it? Scare people enough and they will give up their right to mobility.

Liberty is about the freedom of movement, the right to assemble and it is because without mobility then tyranny can ram through a victory.

Get your EV and reduce your freedom of movement or focus on mobility regardless of how that you get around comes down to scare tactics. Are you scared of losing the planet????

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
EVs won't be adopted in great enough numbers to make that much of a difference until the actual infrastructure is in place to support them, and even in blue states in the US there is nowhere near the infrastructure necessary to make EVs replace gas cars.

Right now, if you compare the adoption of EVs to the early 20th Century adoption of gas powered vehicles, we are still at the 1901 level of adoption, and definitely at a pre-Model T level of adoption. There won't be adequate infrastructure for EVs for another 20 years.

So I don't personally see EVs as a threat to mobility, any more than a lack of gas stations on long stretches of rural roads as being a threat to mobility.

That said, I don't like seeing EVs being xxxxxxxxxx on the population, as some US states are trying to do. They should let the market handle the adoption of the new tech. There is no infrastructure to support EVs at every apartment parking spot. Right now, EVs are playtoys for rich people.

It won't always be that way, though.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx = the f word, I guess an acceptable replacement would be "pushed".

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
MitchandDaisy said: You know, the powers-that-want-to be are trying to push ''15-minute cities'' now. They're rolling out some newfangled bullshit every month. Ah, to enslave folks to the max, keep stripping individuals of their natural-born independence and rights with any and all brainwashing and scare tactics that they calculate will work. Lockdowns are a part of this, the whole bit. Eating bugs to save the planet, whatever...climate change hysteria. Crikey. They are hoping that the majority of people will be stupid enough to permanently fall for it, and some days It does appear as if they are winning battles. Stockholm syndrome in full effect. But our would-be-controllers just won't make it with these kind of ideas, in the long game. This is simply not what is written in the stars for humanity. Here, I hold back probably more than 95% of what I'd like to say. No use if it ends up making someone upset sooner or later. But things, they are going to be all right. Still a lot of people around the globe with good old common sense. And please don't ask me to define ''common sense'' 'cause if you have to ask, it's kind of a lost cause innit.

We are faced with the reality that, in fact, the majority really are "stupid enough to go along with it." 😲.

Just look at how many sheep there were with the pandemic.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Bad times are coming.
We are slowly developing environmentally benign alternatives to fossil fuels, but they are not becoming economically competitive with fossil fuels quickly enough. I am afraid that the earth's climate will keep getting warmer with increasingly dire results. 2c

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
What do you value more? Security, or freedom?

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
zeebop said: We are slowly developing environmentally benign alternatives to fossil fuels, but they are not becoming economically competitive with fossil fuels quickly enough. I am afraid that the earth's climate will keep getting warmer with increasingly dire results. 2c

That is going to happen anyway. It has happened several times over the Earth's history. So have ice ages. We can't stop it or cause it.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
zeebop said: We are slowly developing environmentally benign alternatives to fossil fuels, but they are not becoming economically competitive with fossil fuels quickly enough. I am afraid that the earth's climate will keep getting warmer with increasingly dire results. 2c

First, what if they are coming? Why does that scare you?

Second, climate changes have happened for eons and humanity evolved with and from it.

Third, no one raging on climate will offer solutions as to how to get the green tech to work faster nor how to limit "fossil fuel" emissions until green is ready.

Fourth, are you aware of the manufacturing process of green tech and its "carbon" output?

Fifth, no greenie understands "economy of scale" and moving society forward. Nope, hug a tree, eat bug's, degrade humanity and suffer is the way forward for greens.

Tough times may be coming, be a man and face them. Just like the 1970's was all about Ice Age, will we really see "hot" in the coming years??????

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.42 seconds