Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Cameras with remote controls
Does anyone have any experience with cameras that have a remote? I can imagine this is very convenient for people that don't have someone else to photograph them, but are the cameras any good? Opinions?

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
a camera ... you get what you pay for
as in quality, and/or features and is not really relevant to a remote ore remote capability.

most, if not all have a self timer, while a PIA to set each time you want a single shot [a k a running back and forth to set it] it is an option for range [see below]

plugin remotes/wireless remotes are limited to range, a wired remote though takes no battery, and the cord is under 2 foot long, a wired wireless will do up to round 15/20 feet? ball park figure? ..... and only if the camera can see the remote properly .... a k a ... if you are at max distance on the wrong side of the lens, the lens stops the remote seeing it

summary/opinion: buy the camera you want with remote capability as most remotes are an optional extra ..... and if you cheap skate, put up with price verse quality, or buy quality, and complain at the $ value. thumbup

ball park figures for example with SLR cameras, a body can be as little as 500$ or as high as 7K , a lens may be a piddly 150$ ... or 14K
jawdrop it depends what you into, or do for a job[racehorse racing fertographers need good gear, and the knowhow, one shot must supply] what you want out of it, or how tight your budget is?

smoke

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Using remotes
I have used 2 types of cameras for remote control of taking pictures. The first & longest camera in use is the Canon G series camera. I used the G1 until it was no longer repairable,then the G2 and next the G5 until it stopped working. Now,the primary camera is the Sony F717,but it is a hard wired remote. I just bought the Nikon Coolpix 8800,that has both wireless remote & interval timer for taking pictures. Supposedly it will take interval pictures until the card is full,unlike the Canon powershot 3IS,which I have 2 of them them.You have to set the number of shots & minutes between shots. I`ll be trying the Nikon 8800 at the end of November of 2020,when I next toy play.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Remote Control
I have an older Nikon DSLR and an 8' remote shutter release cable. 'Works great.