Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Does Your PC Have a Virus? Or Is It Just SLOW?
Last week I talked about how to remove a virus. This week I'm going to step back and talk about how to figure out if you really have one. Accurate diagnosis can be tricky, so let's run through major symptoms, minor clues, and a few surefire ways to tell.

4 Major Virus Symptoms

Your system crashes or locks up often.

It randomly restarts.

You see strange error messages or pop-up boxes especially alerts about firewalls or viruses.

Your system suddenly runs much slower, and the key here is suddenly. If it progressively slows down, it's probably getting bogged down by too many programs running in the background, you haven't defragmented it recently (or ever), or you are nearing full capacity on the hard drive. But if the computer suddenly takes minutes to load a web page, or suddenly takes 10 minutes to shutdown/start-up it's a good clue that you have a virus.
TheRest of the Story

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Please read the article, and tell me what you think of it.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
julesjammin
just use a Mac.

WuzRunt
I find the claim that Mac are "intuitive" to be completely untrue. We have a Mac at home and I use PCs at work.
I find having a "start" "run" button to be much more intuitive.
No matter I am stuck with PC, as almost all of the manufacturers websites I access to reprogram require PC's, in fact most of them still require XP, they dont run on 7

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
WuzRunt said: I find the claim that Mac are "intuitive" to be completely untrue. We have a Mac at home and I use PCs at work.
I find having a "start" "run" button to be much more intuitive.
No matter I am stuck with PC, as almost all of the manufacturers websites I access to reprogram require PC's, in fact most of them still require XP, they dont run on 7

Thank you for telling me that most manufacturers websites do not run on Windows 7. I was about to upgrade to that.

WuzRunt
Zeebop NO NO NO
Sorry for the confusion !!!!

When I said most manufacturers, I meant Auto manufacturers.
Part of the work I do occasionaly requires me to use something called a J2534 interface which allows me to connect to a specific car manufacturesr web site for the purpose of reprogramming the car.
The cars I work on MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo etc most do not allow me to run MS Vista or Windows 7, they also do not work with Apple, they want me to use a machine with Windows XP.I was told its much more stable .
I doubt you will be connecting to BMW's tech info site any time soon.

WuzRunt
Zee
notice in the original comment I said "most of the manufacturers I ACCESS "
stressing the I access part.

bluemoongirl
if your laptop hard drive gets too full how do you clear it? is there a way of clearing info including any sites you have been a member of, message history etc.