Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - NewbieNudes

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Heterosexual
Lesbian
Gay
TV / TG / CD
Live Cams
Free photo hosting
view:    desktop  |  mobile
Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
International Cyber Security Protection Alliance
Today while I was cruising the internet a popup dominated my screen claiming to be from an organization calling itself the International Cyber Security Protection Alliance.

This told me that I had been accessing an illegal website, and that if I did not pay them a fine, they would report me to the FBI.

I did not believe in their claim. However, when I did not pay them anything my screen locked.

I pushed the power button of my PC, to turn it off. When I pushed the power button again to turn my PC on, I got my main screen, but without the icons. I pushed the power button again to get out, waited for awhile, and pushed the power button to get back in.

This time I got my icons. I did an internet search for the International Cyber Security Protection Alliance. As I suspected, it is a virus that is called a ransom ware virus.

At that point I called a technical support service I pay for to have my PC professionally scanned.

Anyone who is bothered by International Cyber Security Protection Alliance should do as I did. This is a virus that is difficult to get rid of, so it should probably be scanned professionally.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
You seem to have some problems wit this shit all too often?

A; you need a better AV?

or B; a better firewall?

or C; stop serfing the shitty sites?

or D; all of the above?

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
woderwick said: You seem to have some problems wit this shit all too often?

A; you need a better AV?

or B; a better firewall?

or D; all of the above?

blush

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
woderwick said: You seem to have some problems wit this shit all too often?

A; you need a better AV?

or B; a better firewall?

or D; all of the above?

blush

JoannaSlinky
I've heard of one ransom virus that encrypts people's files and the victim has to pay to get the password that unlocks them. What will they think of next!

Firefox browser with the NoScript add-on is a good start to safer surfing, as it stops scripts running unless you choose to allow them. Anyone running Internet Explorer is potentially at risk, and that's not me being a Bill Gates basher.

I've also got a free antivirus program running, and Windows own firewall, and that's pretty much the lot.

I sometimes run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and CCleaner (crap cleaner), maybe once or twice a month.